Wednesday, January 3, 2007

New Ham City

40 Things that happened Before, During and After New York.

1. Mike got questioned by the US Home Land Security Team at Toronto Pearson.
...perhaps this had something to do with it....Those glorified security guards are not huge fans of Mohawks.
















2. We got to fly on the WORST AIRLINE EVER. Northwest Airlines SUCK ASS.

3. We got to spend 4 hours in the Detroit Airport.
Surprisingly one of the coolest airports I've ever been to (strange for the poorest city in the United States...gotta love America)

4.We ate at a dodgy curry house and survived.

5. I got to live out my dream...



6...... Twice.

7. We ate at a great Italian Restaurant in Greenwich Village and had a waiter who was older then New York City. He had the shakiest hands ever, but he insisted on pouring our wine every time our glasses looked like they had a slight sip out of them. He managed to get most of the wine in the glass too. He was cool.

8. We went to a pub in the Bowery that gave 2 for one Guinness.

9. We went to the oldest Irish pub in New York City. I saw 3 willy's in less then 8 minutes. And squeezed past a load of twats to go take a piss, and left quickly afterwards.










10. I got my bangs cut, and Mike got his Mohawk more Mohawkey.















11. Got pissed at the coolest Irish Pub in New York City. Paddy Reily's.

12. Walked the shit out of the city.

13. Saw some BIG ASS Balls!














14. Walked the shit out of the city.

15. Went up and down the escalator's at Macy's... With glee.














16.Enjoyed the view from our hotel room window.














17. Thoroughly enjoyed the choice between either blistering hot, or hypothermia inducing cold showers at the Gershwin Hotel.

18. Walked the shite out of New York City.














19. Forced Mike to eat a large Pizza.














20. Waited for Mike to get a tattoo.














21. At the Chelsea hotel.

















22. Ate at the best Diner in the City, Malibu on West 23rd St. mmm...heart attack!

23.Celebrated our 3rd year anniversary at Spice Market restaurant in the Meat Packing District on New Years Eve. Super cool atmosphere, super bland food.














24. Paid $10 US for a bottle of Fiji Water. We had a choice between, "Pellegrino, Fiji or New York Tap". The waiter was a bit of a waz.

25. But I looked great!


















26. Celebrated New Years Eve at Paddy Reily's Pub.














27. Got up on a Rainy New Years Day and walked the shite out of the city.


















28. Loved every minute of it.

29. Ate some of the best pastry EVER. Probably gained about 5 pounds in 3 days.

30. Had our flight cancelled from New York to Detroit 20 minutes before boarding, due to "weather". Our flight was the ONLY flight to be cancelled in the entire New York area. Was told the next flight was not until the next morning at 6AM. Thank God we had insurance. EVERY flight out to Toronto was sold out.

31. Thanks to RBC we stayed at the Marriott Laguardia, had prime rib for dinner, bought all the snacks and magazines we could get, and made a bunch of phone calls home and had the best shower we had in 3 days.

32. All at the expense of RBC.

33. Learned early on that Northwest Airlines is THE WORST AIRLINE EVER.

34. Boarded our flight on Tuesday at 6AM, bound for Toronto via Minneapolis, Minnesota.

35. Northwest Airlines is THE WORST AIRLINE EVER.

36. Made it home 20 hours after we were originally scheduled too.

37. Made it through customs without having to claim my shoes!!! YAY!!!

38. Fell in Love with this guy all over again.














39. Had the best time EVER.

40. Here's to 2007

19 comments:

wonderbug said...

did you buy TWO pairs of shoes?
fancy!!! need pics of the second pair, please.

glad you had a good time in NYC - even if it took you longer to get home...at least you had an adventure!

hello 2007!

badgerdaddy said...

38 made me smile big time. I am a simple, romantic fool.

Cornelius T. Fish said...

You forgot to mention how you insisted on going to the Chili's in Detroit.

wonderbug said...

from THE OFFICE:

Michael: Chili's is the new golf course. It's where business happens. Small Businessman Magazine.

Jan: It said that?

Michael: It will. I sent it in. Letter to the Editor.

Kat said...

You guys rock! And I looooove your shoes! You got the shoes!!!!!! Yay!

Moxy Ness said...

Yo thats right! We be rockin' it at Chili's in Detroit!
You know what they say; When in Rome.... (I finally got to use that saying... man i'm the shit!)
Mike, you should have done some of your business man stuff when we were there! Man! next time!

I should explain.... I didn't get 2 pairs of shoes.. I Bought one pair at the shop on Madison Ave. but they were to big, so I exchanged them for the right size at the one in Greenwich Village. So I got to go to BOTH shops... and the girl at the "fancier" shop on Madison commented on my hand bag!! Normally I would have said; Oh thanks! I got it at H&M for 30 bucks!! Instead I just said, oh, Thank-you!

I'm a hopeless romantic too...and so is the cultchie, although he doesn't think he is...
anyhow, this comment is getting bigger then my actual blog!

Kat: you rock! you just had a baby come out of your...place! and your hair looked better then mine ever does!

elizabeth said...

I am so jealous that you went to New York... and that you have shoes with red on the bottom.

Moxy Ness said...

really, I understand how jealous you must feel;)

Anonymous said...

I don't want to take the wind out of your sails, or the curd out of your cheese, but I happen to have a pair of boots exactly like the ones you got. Just let me know if we're going to be seen in public together and I can wear something different...or you can...mine are already worked in.


uh....COFFEE TABLE

Moxy Ness said...

What the F are you talkin abooot hippie?!?!?! BOOTS?!?!?! Those SHOES I got would know better then to grace the feet of some tree huggin', veggie lovin', COFFEE TABLE, Fruit!!!!
Now, with that said... I will be wearing them Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Which of course leaves Wednesdays to you. Please ensure your legs are shaved, your toenails are painted and your COFFEE TABLE is well shined. And we must eat at Chili's if we are wearing them together.

Anonymous said...

Way ahead of you on the toenails and legs...and the COFFEE TABLE kinda has a permament sheen to it (cosmetic surgery...well worth the ten grand though). Chili's sounds good to me, as I find Denny's a little too snooty.

Andi said...

Wandered over from Badgerdaddy's place and very much enjoyed your New Year's Eve pics. Yours was much more exciting than mine as I spent most of the evening watching TV, eating, and playing around on my computer. Such is a Texas NYE.

elizabeth said...

What size do you wear anyhoo? (just in case u end up with more than one pair of the same - tragic - and need to find someone to donate to)

Moxy Ness said...

I wear a size 13 triple extra wide.... not pretty.
(size 8 really)

Anonymous said...

Hello,

This is Christian Louboutin. Will you please give me back my shoes. The store clerk told me all about your little escapade in how you walked into my store, shoved your ugly H&M bag in her face and then ran out with a pair of my shoes. How dare you, I am Christian Louboutin. Don't mess with this Queen Bitch, or you'll be one sorry little tramp!

Moxy Ness said...

Dear Mr. Louboutin- if that is your real name!
That H&M bag was NOT ugly.

Anonymous said...

It was so you whore! Check it out for yourself. This is Louboutin Survelance!!

http://www.geocities.com/stanley_md/louboutin.swf

-Mr. Louboutin

Moxy Ness said...

That is not me on the surveillance! You can tell because my torso is not that long.

Kat said...

That's funny as hell.